Clean the wound carefully, wiping away any dirt and grit. Use a clean cotton cloth with Hansaplast Wound Spray or rinse with cold water, then pat area dry before applying a clean dressing. Do not remove embedded objects, leave that to medical staff.
Keep your first aid kit up to date. Do not forget to replace any items you use from your first aid kit and check expiry dates regularly. Check the Hansaplast selection here (Solutions) or find inspiration here.
“In every wound the protective function of the skin is impaired. The objective of wound dressings is not only to protect the wound, but also to enable conditions in which healing of the skin can proceed as undisturbed as possible, so that the skin’s healthy structure can be restored.
“A PLASTER WILL PROTECT YOUR
WOUND AND IMPROVE
THE HEALING PROCESS
OF YOUR SKIN.”
In the treatment of minor everyday injuries, standard first aid dressings and plasters...
• protect your wound from external influences and prevent contamination and infection.
• ensure absorption of blood and secretion,
• reduce pain and mechanical trauma to a minimum during dressing removal and improve your comfort.“
Find out what Moist wound healing plasters can do to ensure better healing.
Finding the right wound dressing has never been so easy: Just rely on these Hansaplast
products that should be in every First Aid Kit.
The original Hansaplast Classic Plaster is suitable for covering all types of smaller wounds and should be a part of anyone's medicine cabinet.
The all-purpose Hansaplast Universal Plasters offer strong adhesion and come in different versions. For example, the Hansaplast Universal Antibacterial Plaster offers added protection against infection with antiseptic silver in the woundpad. The Aqua Protect Plasters are ideal for protecting your wounds even while swimming and showering.
A plaster that protects your wound and can adapt to all of your movements is the Hansaplast Elastic Plaster. The Hansaplast Elastic Antibacterial Plaster also comes with added silver-protection against infection.
For hypoallergenic wound protection consider Hansaplast Sensitive. It is made with soft and breathable material, is painless to remove and offers skin friendly protection.
1. Clean out a fresh cut or scrape properly. Proper cleansing helps prevent infection and promotes the best possible healing. Remove with a dry clean cloth or rinse under water. Irritants such as harsh soaps aren‘t good for cleaning minor wounds. In fact, these substances can actually delay healing. Additional disinfection may be recommended. You may want to use Hansaplast Wound Spray instead.
2. Keep it covered. Keeping your wound covered with a wound dressing will help it heal undisturbed and protect it by preventing bacteria or dirt from entering and irritating the wound. Choosing a special Fast Healing plaster will help speed up the healing process by up to 50% and help reduce the appearance of scars. (also see: 5 good reasons for moist woundhealing).
Tip: If you want to use wound cream to help keep your wound moist, try Hansaplast Plaster with Healing cream which already contains cream.