- Institution responsible The institution responsible for collecting, processing and using personal data within the meaning of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) is:
- Collection and use of personal data Personal data is information that identifies you, such as your name, e-mail or postal addresses. Beiersdorf does not collect personal data from you except when you specifically provide such data (e.g. when taking part in a survey, competition or sweepstake, ordering samples or brochures, or requesting for information) and consent to its use.
- Period of time for which your data is store The data provided by us will only be stored by us as long as is necessary for fulfilling the respective purpose for which you have transmitted your data to us, or for complying with statutory provisions.
- Limited passing on of data When processing your request, it may be necessary for Beiersdorf to pass on your personal data to other affiliated companies within the Beiersdorf Group or an external service provider, also in respective European countries outside the EU that
- a. COOKIES
configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- b. Cookies for use-based online advertising
We reserve the right to also use information that we have obtained by means of cookies from an analysis of the usage behaviour of visitors to our websites to show you specific advertising for certain of our products on our own websites. We believe that you as the user will benefit from this, because we show you advertising or content which, based on your user behaviour, we have reason to assume matches your interests, and you are therefore shown less randomly scattered advertising or certain content that could interest you less.
We as a company have voluntarily subjected ourselves to self-regulation of the German Data Privacy Council for Online Advertising (DDOW). You can find the self-regulatory code applicable to us and further information at this link: Meine Cookies.
- c. Here is how you can prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive and/or delete them
You can set your web browser in such a way that cookies are prevented from being saved to your hard drive and/or you are asked each time whether you are in agreement with cookies being enabled. You can also at any time delete cookies that have been enabled again. You can find out how all this works in detail from your browser’s operating manual. You will find an explanation in words and pictures for the web browsers Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome at this link: Meine Cookies. If you not allow cookies to be stored, this may lead to functional restrictions of our website.
- Cookies used by us
- i. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses a specific form of “cookie,”i.e. text file, which is stored on your computer and enables an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. We would like to point out that Google Analytics has been expanded on this website to include the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure the anonymized recording of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). Due to the IP anonymization on this website, your IP address is shortened by Google within the territory of the EU and the Treaty States of the European Economic Community. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
- ii. Google AdWords
This website uses Google AdWords, an analysis service of Google, and conversion tracking, which is part of Google AdWords. This is how it works: When you click on an advertisement displayed by Google, Google AdWords stores a cookie for conversion tracking (a “conversion cookie”) on the hard drive of your computer. Such cookies lose their validity after 30 days and do not make it possible for you to be personally identified. Should you visit certain pages on our website, we and Google can recognise that you have clicked on the advertisement and were re-directed to this page.
The information obtained by way of the conversion cookies serves the purpose of generating statistics for AdWords customers who utilise conversion tracking. Through these statistics we find out the total number of users who have clicked on the advertisement displayed by Google and accessed a page with a conversion tracking tag.
We also use Google Analytics to analyze data from AdWords and any cookies from “DoubleClick” for statistical purposes. If you do not want this to be done, you can deactivate it with the Ad Preferences Manager.
For further information on the terms and conditions of use and data privacy with regard to Google AdWords, please visit: Google Data Privacy.
- iii. Google Double Click
We use the Google DoubleClick function on our websites in order to evaluate the use of the website and make it possible for us, Google and other advertisers who co-operate with DoubleClick to be able to present to you with user-relevant advertising. For this purpose, a cookie is installed on the hard drive of your computer. With the aid of such cookies, your browser is allocated an anonymous identification number, and information on the advertising shown in your browser and its being accessed is collected. The information generated by the cookie on your use of websites is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. Based on the information collected, interest-related categories are allocated to your browser. These categories are used to display interest-related advertisements.
Besides changing your browser settings, you can also permanently deactivate the DoubleClick cookie with the aid of a browser plug-in. With the plug-in, your deactivation settings for this browser are retained, even if you delete all cookies. You can obtain the browser plug-in for permanent deactivation here.
By using our website, you agree to the DoubleClick cookie being inserted and thus usage data from you being collected, saved and used in the manner described above for the purpose specified. You moreover agree that your data will be stored in cookies beyond the end of the browser session and can for example be accessed again when you next visit websites. You can revoke this
consent at any time with effect for the future by deleting the DoubleClick cookie and permanently deactivating it.
- iv. Optimizely
- v. Bunchbox
In order to be able to offer ideal displays and functions, the development of our offers is based on A/B tests and multi-variant analyses that are, in certain circumstances, implemented using the site optimisation tool “Bunchbox”.
- i. Google Analytics
- Social plug-ins / integration through Shariff Social plug-ins (“plug-ins”) of social networks are used on our websites, in particular the “Share” or “Share with friends” button of the provider “Facebook“, whose website facebook.com is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland, is responsible for the German website, facebook.de. The plug-ins are usually marked with a Facebook logo. Besides Facebook, we use plug-ins from “Google+” (Provider: Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA), “Twitter” (Provider: Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103) and “Pinterest” (Provider: Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103, USA).
- Social log-in When registering for or logging into to the customer account, you also have the option of authenticating yourself and thereafter registering or logging in with your existing profile at one of the following social networks: Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
- Contact, request for information, revocation, blocking, deletion You can at any time and free of charge for the future object to the use of your personal data, arrange for partial or complete deletion or blocking, or request information on or correction of the data stored by us about your person. It is not necessary to adhere to a particular form. You can, for example, write to us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data security We have adopted technical and organisational measures to protect your data from being lost, changed or accessed by a third party. The security procedures we use are regularly enhanced to reflect technological progress.
- Updating and amendment We may amend or update parts of the data privacy statement without informing you of this in advance. Please always check the data privacy statement before you use our website in order to be informed of the latest status in the event of any amendments or updates.
Beiersdorf India Private Limited
B Wing, 4th Floor, Art Guild House,
LBS Marg, Kurla (W),
Mumbai 400 070
Telephone: +91 (0)22 4047 6900
The purpose of this data privacy statement is to provide you with information concerning the collection, processing and use (hereinafter referred to as “use”) of personal data. You can find out here how to oppose the use of your personal data in accordance with the applicable data privacy provisions.
We store, use, or transfer your personal data only accordingly to your consent and to the extent – with respect to content and time – needed in each specific case, e.g. to respond to your questions or concerns, to fulfil your requests or to inform you about the results of a competition or sweepstake.
In order to do this, it may be necessary for Beiersdorf to transfer personal data to other companies within the worldwide Beiersdorf group or to external service providers for further data processing. Service providers may, for example, be commissioned in the context of shipping goods, distributing advertising material or in the scope of competitions. Beiersdorf requires that these parties agree to process personal data based on our instructions and in compliance with this data protection notice.
Any other transfer of your personal data, for example the transfer of logon data from our websites to a third party’s social community website or web service like Facebook or YouTube, requires your explicit prior consent. Beiersdorf guarantees that it will not sell or lease your personal data to a third party. We may, however, have to disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or in response to enforceable governmental requests.
If you have given us your express consent to use your personal data for promotional purposes, we will use your data for such purposes until such time as you revoke your consent. You may revoke the consent granted by you at any time with effect for the future.
exclusively act on our behalf. Such service providers may, for example, be commissioned with sending you product samples, distributing promotional materials or handling competitions or your order placed at our web shop, e.g. the shipping of the goods. Beiersdorf requires all affiliated companies within the Beiersdorf Group and its external service providers to keep your personal data exclusively in line with our specifications, and in compliance with this data privacy statement, as well as the statutory requirements on order data processing.
Otherwise, we neither pass on personal data to third parties without your permission nor do we sell or lease data. We do, however, reserve the right to disclose information about you if we are legally obliged to do so or if we are requested to hand it over by legitimately acting authorities or criminal prosecution institutions.
For data privacy reasons, we have deliberately decided against utilising direct plug-ins of social networks on our websites. Instead, we use the “Shariff” solution. With the aid of Shariff, we can determine for ourselves when and whether data is transmitted to the operator of the respective social networks. For this reason there is essentially no data automatically transmitted to social networks such as Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest when you access our website. Only if you yourself actively click on the respective button does your web browser produce a connection to the respective social network's servers, i.e. by clicking on the respective button (e.g. “Pass on”, “Share” or “Share with friends”) you agree that your web browser will produce a link to the respective social network's servers and transmit usage data to the respective operator of the social network.
For this purpose, you will find the corresponding symbols of the respective providers of the social networks supported by our website on the registration page
or login page. Before a connection to the provider is established, you need to explicitly declare that you are in agreement with the process and data transmission described below:
When you click on the respective symbol, a new window (app) opens where you need to log in with your login data for the social network. After you have successfully logged in, the social network informs you which data (name and e-mail address) is transmitted to us for authentication within the scope of the registration or login process. Should you have agreed to this data transmission, the fields required by us for registration are filled in with the data transmitted. The data required by us to register or log in are (i) your name and (ii) your e-mail address.
Only once you have explicitly agreed to the use of the data transmitted and required will your data be stored by us and used for the purposes cited under No. 2. No link between the customer account set up with us and your account at the corresponding social network takes place via the authentication process.